Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 11: Thursday

We woke up super early... haha. The boat to the glacier was going to leave at 10, but we were lucky because a buss filled with biologists and other scholars had booked a private tour one hour early, but there was enough room for me, mom and one more guy. The boat trip took 20 minutes and after that there was a hike up the mountain which would take 1h 30 minutes. The other extra guy went off like greased lightning and I swear to god he was up within 40 minutes. I and mom were not so bad though, we came up second and third after him at a time of 1h 5 minutes! I’m a little bit proud of that I have to say. The view was amazing! The glacier arm stretched down to the water and had some cracks in it and it looked like pieces were going to break off any time, but sadly they didn’t. I took a lot of pictures and mom and I started searching for the first guy. We named him the mountain goat hehe. But we couldn’t see him. On the way down from the mountain we had a lot of extra time so we took some photos of the waterfall right there and climbed around a bit extra. Then all of a sudden we saw him again! The mountain goat! So we talked a bit to him while we were waiting for the boat back. He was a nice young guy. He said he was from Switzerland and climb mountains and caves and stuff back home so no wonder he went off like a mountain goat... He showed us some pictures he had taken because he climbed all the way up to the highest point of the mountain and got a different view than we did. And we discussed cameras and lenses and filters and stuff. He suggested I should get a polarizing filter which I intend to look into as soon as I get home. And I told him about the IR-filter my sister has and he thought it sounded cool. He was very nice to talk to and mom told him about the marble caste which is not too far away and he had never heard of it before. He was very grateful and was going to check it out. I was exhausted when we got back but it felt good to have been able to go up there after all. Despite my foot and lack of stamina which is apparently not as bad as I thought. Now my foot hurts like hell though. After this little trip we started our long journey home and it wasn’t very eventful. We met up with my sister in Åsele so she could give her birthday present to my mom. And then more driving. We stopped at a resting place for the night, but my dad only want to sleep for a few hours because apparently it’s not long left before we come home. So I’m going to sleep once again in a caravan with no heat. But this time the weather outside is nice and warm so it should be no problem. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment