Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Good night

A late post today (tonight). Just like my middle sister, I also want a dog! But Toine is basically against all animals, even my aquariums...He keeps coming with the argument that they pee everywhere, they poo everywhere, and they bite and scratch on everything, and the hairs end up everywhere. Well the hairs everywhere I can agree with but that is easily solved with the vacuum cleaner!

I brought up the idea to buy a new aquarium instead of the 130L one I already have. It has basically been handed over 3 generations I think. My grandmother had it when my mother was young, and my mother had it when I was young. Now I'm having it, and it has scratches on a bit too many places, and there are also some damages in the corners. I'm worried that maybe it's not as solid anymore and I wouldn't want all that water over our new floor hehe. But Toine thinks it's still good so I guess I'll keep it for now. Eventually I want a new one though, but it might have to wait until we have a car so we can actually transport it after we buy one. Mostly I'd want a bigger aquarium but I think that probably wont happen until we have a bigger place ourselves.

This is an old picture of the large aquarium. Now it's a bit more "wild" since the plants have grown freely for quite some time.


This was my favorite Guppy male, I named him Rhett Butler after the handsome man in "Gone with the wind". Sadly he is dead now, most likely from old age.

This is Spike. Even though he looks cool, he is actually somewhat of a sissy. He doesn't dare to come out and show himself unless it is dark outside the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment