Monday, June 14, 2010

Lilac lemonade

I went to the country place together with Toine last Saturday and I took the opportunity to pick some lilac flowers cause I wanted to make some lemonade. It was my sister Yvonne who first found the recipe and it made me really curious so I just had to try it!

Lilac flower lemonade
40-60 bunches of lilac flower
2 lemons
30g of citric acid
2L water
2L sugar

Rinse the flowers and pick the flowers of their branches. Rinse the lemons thoroughly. Pour the water into a large pot, add the sugar and turn on the heat. Peel the skin of the lemons and make sure to get only the yellow part, not the white under it cause it tastes very bitter. Add the peels to the pot and sqeeze the juice from the lemons, add this as well. Boil the water until the sugar has completely dissolved and turn of the heat. When the water has stopped boiling you put in the flowers and the citric acid. Let the lemonade rest in a cold place for 3-5 days and then pour it through a sif to remove the flowers and the lemon peels. You now have Lilac lemonade! Pour into really really clean bottles and store cold. You can also freeze it if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment