Friday, February 5, 2010

Train accident today

In Kallhäll where I live there are often people crossing over the railroad down at the train station. Many times it's adults about to miss the train, or young teenagers who just doesn't "feel like" walking the whole way around and takes the shortcut over the tracks instead. Sometimes when I'm at home in the apartment I hear the train go "toooooooot" and then I know, someone was walking on the railroad again. And I always think, one day, someone is not gonna make it in time.

Well today we had a train accident att Kallhäll station. A man got killed by the train. Not from crossing the tracks however. But because the train company doesn'y do anything about the snow and ice on the platform. A man slipped on the platform just when a passing train came by, and he fell down onto the tracks, and got hit by the train. I wasn't there luckily but I went to see what was going on after I read it on the news. The ambulance and rescue personell was long gone, but people where still standing there taking pictures of the place where the accident happened. There was almost no blood in the snow so I was surprised to hear that the man had died.

SL/SJ/Banverket (traincomapny) needs to do something and look after the platforms better than they are doing! They are so slippery it's only a matter of time until the next accident happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment