Saturday, September 17, 2011

Food and other things

We started giving Cecilia food to taste now, just a teaspoon every day. For a few days now she has been eating potato with a little butter, and breastmilk. Today we are going to try carrot! I hope she likes it! The potato was very strange she thought.

Today I'm getting slightly annoyed with Toine, he refused to change Cecilias diaper because it was a poo diaper... He felt that because he changed the last poo diaper, it was my turn. Not thinking at all about the fact that I have been changing every freaking poo diaper the whole week already... Oh well... So I changed the diaper, and when I was gonna wash my hands, we were out of soap, and the soap started to run out yesterday already and he knew that! But instead of just refilling the soap, he waits for it, then hands me the soap to refill cause I'm already standing there... And I'm like WTF... Why didn't you refill it yesterday? And he goes like "well, you could've done it as well!"

What am I? A freaking octopus with 8 arms? I can't do everything! So out of frustration I put Cecilia down in the babygym, and she gets cranky, and I go to refill the freaking soap. "Where are you going?"... i'm going to refill the freaking soap, and hang up the firealarm (on which the batteries died 3days ago but since I didn't have time to fix it, was still not up yet... Did Toine ever think about the fact that he also has 2 arms that he can use for other things than computer stuff?). And when I say this HE gets angry and for some reason starts cleaning around the apartment to punish me when I want to sit down and finish watching Robinson (survivor) on tv... Then I sort of felt like, fine, why not...let him clean then. But I convinced him to come and finish the program anyway.

On a normal day I change perhaps 5-6 diapers, I start 1-2 dishwashers, I keep Cecilia entertained, I look after the apartment as much as I have time for (this week sadly the kitchen has been suffering a bit but the livingroom and bathroom is nice and tidy). And I pray to god that I have time to cook, and for that matter, eat my lunch while it's still warm, sometimes I don't get to eat until 2pm. And then I make his dinner everyday. So then he comes home, eat dinner, spend about an hour with his own daughter before I have to put her to bed (and usually that hour means watching tv while holding her...)... Sure, he does the laundry once in a week, but is it really too much to ask that he also refills the soap (once every 2 months) and changes the batteries in the firealarm (once every 2 years)? And perhaps changes more than one poo diaper in a week?...

No comments:

Post a Comment