Monday, September 5, 2011

Svenska hollywoodfruar (swedish hollywood wives)

We have a show on tv here about some swedish women, that are housewives in hollywood and about the glamorous life they live. Usually its a very entertaining show to watch but todays episode made me angry. One of the women, Isabel Adrian, has a 1 year old daughter named Monday Lilly. In this episode she takes her daughter to a piercing studio to get her ears pierced and it just hurt me so much to see how painful it was for that little girl, and that her mother could choose to do that to her at such a young age. She claims she was doing her daughter a favour by getting her ears pierced now, cause then she wouldn't have to feel the pain later when she is older. While she is crying and screaming in pain when the 2 men hold her down very hard so she wouldn't move when they pierce her ears, her mother is just sitting in the back covering her ears, and then leaves the room...

Seriously, getting your ears pierced at such a young age is not good for the child in my opinion. And to say it's better to do it now, than later is just complete bullshit. When she is older she is also mature enough to cope with the pain, I never thought my 8 ear piercings hurt. I choose to get my first piercings when I was 10 I think it was. I was ready for it then. For such a young child, it can only be a traumatic experience!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment