Monday, November 2, 2009

Moving the aquarium

Well yesterday we spend moving the aquarium from the guest room to the livingroom. Since Toine's parents are coming on friday we thought it might be nice for them to have a quiet room without the sound of the pump and nightliving crazy fish activity...hehe... It took it's sweet old time but eventually it got done. first we had to empty some of the water. After that I had to take out all of the plants and decoration, it makes it easier to find and catch all fish. Which was hell... I have the 2 ancistrus fishes, they are quick and sneaky, and I also have 2 siamese algae eaters...they are even quicker... it took me a loooot of time to catch them. Then I had to catch all the smaller fishes as well. Anyway we placed everything in a 30L box on the floor in the livingroom while we emptied all the water and moved the aquarium. 3 fishes tried to commit suicide and jump out of the box, I saved 2 of them but one I saw way too late so he died :( oh well. The aquarium is refilled now and today I got the new bigger, better pump installed as well, now it's almost like a hurricane in there haha :P well the fishes seem to like it!

Empty aquarium with just the sand left.

This is where the fishies had to stay during the move. It's not very high so I'm not surprised some of them was jumping out.

Aquarium is moved and refilled. The fishies are swimming happily in their new(old) home hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Fin fint! :)
    På lördag är festen men undrar om det blir problematiskt att komma.. Tror vi åker kommunalt.. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sv: Ja, det gick bra. Hade det mesta själv men lånade det vita :)
    Johannes använde nog allt, haha.
    Kram kram

    ReplyDelete