Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 1: Monday

I'm tired. I fell asleep around 4am and my dad came to pick me up at 7am. The fact that the anti motion-sickness pills makes me tired, doesn’t really help. And the fact that my parents didn’t finish packing yet didn’t help either. So we head straight to my parents house. Mom in the car as well since she just finished her nightshift. I help with making some sandwiches for the road. Tasty ones, 3 different kinds. Seafood, roast beef, and egg. We don’t hit the road until 11am. By then I am so tired I fall asleep in the car and sleep until about 2.30pm. Now I feel rested and fine. We travel alongside the "high coast" a beautiful landscape apparently protected by UNESCO says mom. She knows her stuff so I believe her. It’s really beautiful. We drive over a bridge called the "high coast bridge". Mom says it’s the most famous bridge in Sweden and I believe her. I have to agree it’s a very beautiful bridge. Dad was nice enough to make a stop on the other side of the bridge so I could take some pictures. Around 8pm we arrive at my sister’s place. It’s called Mellansel and has about 800 citizens... at first I couldn’t understand why she would chose to live in such a no-man’s land. But after seeing the city, I decided this is where I will retire when I’m old and/or burned out. She had a pretty little kitten named Njalla and 3 super cute chinchillas named Lemmy, Princess Peach, and Chili-dill. I spent the night on the floor of her one room apartment. My mother slept on the couch, and my father slept outside in the caravan. Oh and I forgot to mention my uncle Pekka joined as well with a friend to the family, his name is Günter. They also slept outside in Pekka's caravan. It's midnight now, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment