Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 9: Tuesday

Woke up a little earlier today since we were going to the salt current. I have no clue why but I’m just really tired during the days now. I guess I’m not getting enough sleep. I mean after all I’m up to around 2 am every night it seems, and mom wakes me up around 9 every day, 7 hours is kind of cutting it short for me, and I don’t like naps because it takes too long for me to wake up after a nap. They make me feel like a zombie instead. Before we left I saw a guy on the camping place with the exact same clothes that Toine has, and the same hair and body type as well. I miss my cutie now! But I don’t think I will be home before Sunday. I’m counting on Sunday, or Monday... The road to the salt current was a bit long, but not so bad. There were some beautiful places so I took some pictures through the window of the car while we were driving. It’s a cloudy day sadly so they might be a bit dull. The salt current however was amazing to see. It’s the ocean pouring into a small bay at the coast. And the tidal forces are so strong, and the bay is so narrow, that it creates a really strong and fast current. Today they measured the speed of the water to be 23 knots, almost 12 meters/second. The shape of the bay makes the water circulate around and create large maelstroms, apparently the strongest in the world! The water looked like it was boiling! Really cool. On the way back from there we stopped at a marble mine. Also very cool so see the marble in the mountain that they have been cutting through. I took some pictures and brought some stones. I guess I will try to polish them at home or something hehe. Mom and I also walked a bit further to a small lake, ending in a waterfall and a small river, really pretty. I had to climb down the waterfall a bit, even though it was raining and the rocks where a bit slippery. I took some pretty pictures here as well. Too bad about the rain, but the weather is so unpredictable here. I mean, it might rain for the rest of the vacation so I better take the chance when I get it. It took about an hour to walk there and back again. So now my foot is bad again. The rest of the day I spent in the caravan with crosswords and a movie. I also wrote the postcards today and posted them. Now the rain is falling heavily onto the roof of the caravan... making an awful lots of noise and I’m not sure if I can sleep. Mom and dad say they like the sound and that it's soothing, but I think it’s disturbing. Oh well. It's 1am now and I’m going to read a bit to make myself tired. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment