Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 2: Tuesday

Our journey goes on. About 7 in the morning *sigh*. We ate breakfast at my sisters place, dropped her off down town cause she was meeting a friend and then we continued north. The landscape up here is really beautiful and I took a few pictures on the way. We saw reindeers and a moose calf that I took pictures of... sadly I had the wrong setting on the camera since I had to shoot from the window of the car in full speed, haha increased ISO sensitivity and faster shutter from now on and the rest of the photos turned out much better. I take a nap in the car cause of the anti motion-sickness pills again. I read a book... and then we reach about the bumpiest road I’ve ever experienced, not so easy to read anymore hehe. Later we reached Arjeplog where we stopped for dinner. It was then 6pm. We went to a pizza place and I had reindeer pizza and figured out at least 10 different ways to improve their recipe, but it was still good. We leave Arjeplog after stocking up on candy and drinks and head North West up to the mountains. We reached the Arctic Circle at about 10.30 in the evening. I took some pictures of the sign and then we continued towards the Norwegian border. Which we reached around midnight. The sun was still shining although it was very cloudy. My dad, my uncle and Günter went to bed but I and my mom went exploring. The border stone was signed by the king of Sweden and the king of Norway according to mom. I believe her and on closer inspection as I took the picture I could also see that was the case. We found a small tractor road and walk along it a bit and eventually reach a large field and a small waterfall. My mom says the field is used to round up the reindeers and catch them in order to tag them. I believe her. We walked to the waterfall and I took some pictures. Then we basically got chased down by a cloud of mosquitoes and none of us thought of using the mosquito cream before we left. I have about 20 on my hands alone and I swear 40 more on my head. After this we went to bed. It never got dark, the sun went behind the mountains and then started rising back up again. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment