Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 7: Sunday

I woke up semi early today. 9 in the morning. I had breakfast and helped mom clean the caravan a bit. My dad came home and my uncle got a salmon! Yay! 6.5kg, a real beauty, nice and clean, silvery shiny. Since it's moms birthday today and my dad was in a good mood, he decided to finally take us to the canyon we wanted to see. It was a tricky road and we took the wrong turn a few times, but in the end we managed to get it right and had to walk for about 20 minutes, up an old tractor road, quite steep. I’m embarrassed to say that after those 20 minutes I was completely exhausted... but it was well worth it because once we reached the end of the road we got so high up, the trees were no longer in the way for beautiful close-up photos of the snowy mountains, and there was a little waterfall, little but very wild, at that exact place. Just beautiful. And the sun was shining. I got a little burned but oh well. So worth it. Mom and I climbed down to the edge of the waterfall and took some more pictures. We also found a subterrainian water path and I took a picture of the small cave. Mom said that’s where the underground moss people live. Mom usually knows her stuff so I believed her. They must be really small to fit in there, but perhaps they have larger entrances somewhere and that small place was like a window or something. My dad also drove over to a larger waterfall where I took cool pictures. I sacrificed my shoes for that haha. There was a small plateau in the middle of the waterfall which I, agile like a mountain goat, jumped over too. Mom of course followed and I took some pictures of her in front of the waterfall as well. Mine and moms shoes were soaking wet afterwards but it was soooooo worth it. When we got back he had some birthday "fika" for mom, fika is like coffee, buns, cookies, lemonade, all that stuff together. Like a coffee break but 10 times better! I don’t think there is a suitable English word for it. We joined my dad to a new fishing place and I decided to go exploring on my own. There was a small water draft I wanted to reach. But in order to do that I had to get my shoes wet again. Well, they were still wet so what the hell. Dad was not satisfied with the place though so they left kind of early. We had dinner at the restaurant here at the camping. It was quite good food. I had reindeer steak with creamed potatoes and cloudberry sauce. It was yummy but the meat could have been more rare for my taste. It’s the soccer finals today. Netherlands - Spain. We watch it after the dinner since Toine is Dutch. After the match, Spain won 1-0 in the extension, blegh, we had some caramel pudding for dessert. And then I spent half the night watching desperate housewives again with mom. It’s now 2.15 am and I’m going to bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment