Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 4: Thursday

I wake up with like a zillion mosquito bites all over my legs. They don’t itch much in the beginning since I take a lot of anti histamines but towards the evening when the effect wears off... they are going to be hell. So anyway, my mom woke me up at 10am and I dragged my crippled foot over the camping site to wash off and brush my teeth. Seriously, in the mornings I walk like a drunken duck, it’s not a pretty sight. I spent the rest of the mornings focusing on editing and selecting pictures from the traveling days, which to keep, which to trash, which to crop, which to enhance. My dad now comes back from his fishing trip in the morning and my mom suggest we take a walk so dad can take a nap and reload his energy. I happily accept and bring my camera. I got some more pretty pictures. We also found a small food market nearby which we spent some time inside since it started pouring down outside. The weather here is very unstable and can change from one hour to the other. The forecast is rarely correct. We eat dinner and I volunteer for the dishes. On my way to the facilities I take a peek in the freezer box. There is another salmon in there now, 7kg. Caught by the same guy. But it looks like a little fart next to the huge one from yesterday. Mom and I join the boys on their evening fishing round and I do crosswords and ask my mother for help with some words. She gave me some tips and she usually knows her stuff, so I believed her. None of "our" boys caught anything today but a Danish guy, caught his first one ever. 5kg, not a bad looking fish. The boys got tired and we go back to the camping. At 11pm my mom and I watch a movie called "human trafficking". It’s now 2.30 am and the sun is starting to rise above the mountains. Coloring the sky in a bright gold and blue color. I’m still debating whether or not I should read my book or try to sleep. Mom will wake me up around 9 or 10. But it's fine, it's vacation and I can take a nap any time I want to. Good night!

Ps. the mosquito bites are driving me mad...

No comments:

Post a Comment