Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 6: Saturday

I woke up this morning after a cold cold night. There have been electricity problems on the camping yesterday and apparently this night as well, cause the heater had been off half the night and I was freezing like hell. I also noticed I now have more mosquito bites than there are stars in the Milky Way... Luckily I have managed to keep my feet relatively bite free. If there is something I’m sensitive about it's mosquito bites on my feet. The ones under my feet I can never scratch to a satisfying level cause of the thick skin. I usually end up having to scratch with a pointy item, and give myself wounds which are even more annoying because they get torn open every time I have to scratch... Last year I had to put anesthesia gel and cortisone cream on my feel daily and make sure to have them wrapped up in bandages at all times to refrain from scratching. This year I’m trying to avoid that by putting mosquito repellant scream on my feet before bedtime. Mom said something about the poison being absorbed into my body, well she usually knows her stuff so I believed her. But I don’t give a damn. I woke up late this day. My mom had already gone to the store so I didn’t get up until lunchtime. As mom started putting breakfast on the table, dad came home from his fishing trip. No luck this morning either. I spent the beginning of the day editing in Photoshop again. And then mom and I decided to go U.E. to a small waterfall nearby. It became a 2 hour walk and now I have even more mosquito bites because I forgot to bring the mosquito repellant... and my foot hurts. But I got some more pretty pictures. My mom complained that I never took pictures of people and our vacation but I like to take pictures of nature and a person in a pink fleece jacket doesn’t blend in well...simple as that, but I'll try and do better. When on our way down the mountain we ended up on a small forest path. And as we walked under a fallen birch, mom said "we are now entering the land of the mountain king". Well she usually knows her stuff, so I believed her. I wondered if I would see the infamous Bjärv this time around but we only heard the growling noises it makes, never really saw it. It must be camera shy or something. When we got home I was too tired to join my dad to the fishing place so I spend the evening watching desperate housewives with mom, until dad got home. No luck this time either. We all had some sandwiches and now it's bed time. It’s half past midnight and I’m going to read a bit before I doze off. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment