Saturday, August 15, 2009

Crawfish party! (Kräftskiva)

Yesterdays movie with my family (- youngest sister, she had already seen it) was really funny. It's called "sommaren med Göran" (the summer with Göran). The movie is about this guy, he is a quite awkward and strange person who really tries hard to make the best out of everything but it doesn't go very well. For an instance he ended up arguing with his girlfriend while he was proposing.

Today it was time for the traditional "kräftskiva" together with my family. When it's season and the crawfish newly changed their shells, they are fished for, cooked and enjoyed on Swedish tables together with beer and a lot of schnapps (occasionally some bread and cheese is also consumed...). My parents came to pick me and Toine up after they were done shopping for some things so we were there quite early. I helped out by making a delicious cheese pie, a chicken pie, and vegan vegetable pie. I also made a cheese cream to spread on the bread, or dip the crawfish tails in.

Some long time friends of the family and my youngest sisters boyfriend was also with us and we had a quite good time. We ended up playing trivial pursuit in the evening and my parents + middle sister, who teamed up, won the game...*sigh*. The game questions was from the 80s and not really up to date so it was pretty hard for us young people!

This is what a kräftskiva could look like, ours didn't look like this, but I forgot to take photos :(


Me and my two younger sisters on the party this evening!


On my way home I saw a quite little toad. I had to pet it for a little and take a picture before I put it back. It actually didn't want to jump out of my hand so I think maybe it liked me :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha paddan jag hittade i norrland var mycket coolare då xD http://ida-yvonne.blogspot.com/2009/07/en-valdigt-trevlig-kvall.html

    ReplyDelete