Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gold gold gold!

I haven't made any updates the past 2 days but that has a perfectly good explanation.

From the plums I got from my mother I made 2 konserved jars of rum flavoured sugar plums and 2 litres of home made plum lemonade.

I left on thursday after lunch to go to my parents place. Me and my mother was going to take a nice bicycle tour to another forest a bit further away and search for more mushrooms. There's pratically nobody going there so the forest is basically untouched. We left from my parents house around half past 2 and in the beginning it was already looking good. We found chanterelles amost immediately and the lucky streak went on. My mother even found black trumpet mushroom! (Craterellus cornucopioides). I only found that mushroom once before in my life and it is so delicious! We stayed in the forest and didn't come home until 7pm. So we had dinner and I wanted to clean the mushrooms before going home again. But in the end it became so late I stayed the night at my parents place.

Friday at 2pm me and my mother went to the same forest but a different part and once again we didn't get home until like 7pm and the havest of mushrooms those 2 days was incredible! I cleaned the mushrooms before I went home and now I have my share conserved in jars.

Tomorrow me and Toine are going to the country place together with my parents and my middle sister Yvonne to visit grandmother, pick apples, and of course to get more mushrooms! And the mushroom season has just begun!


This is the black trumpet mushroom! Really beautiful!


This is what we refer to as a "butter hole". A Cluster of yellow chanterelles!



One of the chanterelles in the previous picture. It's a little blury but it was the biggest one I've ever seen! We called it "The holy one".


2 days harvest! Soo much!


I also found a cute frog!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!
    Vad skoj med att plocka kantareller :) ÄR det i Stockholms trackterna du plockar?

    Hur är det annars? haft en bra sommar?¨
    Hls Nubi/Dayana
    www.pappersmuggen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete