Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday in NL (Flashback)

For you who don't already know, I've spent almost 10 days with my boyfriend's family in the Netherlands. Apart from back home in Sweden, everything in this country is closed on Sundays. Even the food markets! Maybe you get a bit spoiled when you live in Stockholm, but there is absolutely nothing to do here. The morning disappeared together with "Extreme logging" and "Extreme demolition" on Discovery channel.

Right now the CD "Ljuva Svenska Visa" is played on the computer in the kitchen. My (hopefully) future mother in law is humming to the melody without really knowing what they sing. We are in the kitchen preparing for "Swedish BBQ". I made a godly potato salad and prepared stuffed mushrooms, marinated paprika, and spiced tomato halves. It will all be grilled together with an assortment of dutch meat (all except the potato salad of course). I is as close to swedish as it gets. My boyfriend, Toine, is relaxing out in the garden. Tomorrow we will be heading for home.

The youngest of my two sisters + her boyfriend has been looking after the apartment and my fishes for me. We bought with us a lot of goodies and things as thanks for the help. I hope they will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment