Monday, August 31, 2009

The country place

Yesterday me and Toine went to my grandmother at the country place, together with my parents and my middle sister Yvonne of course. We went to the forest again. My mother and sister went to pick blueberries while me, Toine and my father and grandmother went for mushrooms. Immediately when we went into the forest I found autumn chanterelles/tube chanterelles (cantharellus tubaeformis). Toine kept finding yellow chanterelles one after another and eventually he got tired of the mushroom picking.

We walked a little along the road towards my mother and sister who was picking blueberries (in the end they got 6 liters in total!). My grandmother came and picked up Toine and my sister cause they were tired. My mom got the taste for mushrooms again so me, my dad, my mom, and grandmother (when she got back) went ahead to search some more mushrooms. That's were my dad found the most amazing carpet of red-yellow trumpet mushroom (cantharellus lutescens) and he shared the findings with me! I got such mushroom fever I didn't know what to do! I don't think I've ever seen such a huge cluster of red-yellows!

We grilled sausages for dinner when we came back, and before we left for home we also picked some apples. And when I got home I had sooo many mushrooms to clean.

Today I went to my parents again. Me, my mother and middle sister welt to a "loppis" (garage sale) where the profits go to orphan homes in romania. I found 2 jars, 4 small cute tiny little bottles for decoration, a glass vase, a bigger nice looking glass bottle, 2 "berry pickers" which I intend to use tomorrow and some pieces of fabric to style up my jars a little. Then we got to my parents place, had dinner, and then my mother had to go to theatre practice. I decided to make some nice apple puree out of the apples picked from grandmothers garden yesterday. It's delicious! I made 6kg in total and I brought home about 3kg for myself. Now the jars are boiling to make them hermetically sealed!

School starts tomorrow.

Some sexy autumn chanterelles, They were huge!

Here is a sexy red-yellow trumpet! Also huge!

This is what my kitchen table looks like now! hehehe

2 comments:

  1. Owaow! Du ligger verkligen i med kantarellplockningen ;)
    Jag märkte att mina kantareller i kylskåpet har börjat bli lite dåligt, ska man slänga eller kan man koka, de har börjat bli lite skrynkliga.... vad säger experten ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jag torkar mina eftersom de inte får plats i frysen. ugnen ska ställas in på låg temp, ugnsluckan på glänt för ventilation. ha gärna en termometer inne i ugnen. temperatuden får inte gå över 50 grader för redan då kan svamparna brännas vid. det tar halva dagen och dom ska vara så torra att man kan smula dom :P
    annars kan man koka dom i sitt eget spad och frysa in dom...det är vanligast.

    ReplyDelete